|
 Mary
(Kempker) Freudenhal was born on Saturday,
February 23, 1862 at York Avenue in
Philadelphia. She was the daughter of
Albert, Sr. and Elizabeth (Rehmann) Kempker.
Circa 1882, she
married Woldermar Georg Julius Jacob Freudenhal.
They had four children.
-
Gustave Adloph Freudenhal (1883-1885)
-
Woldemar Julius Wilhelm Jacob "William"
Freudenhal (1887-1920)
-
Elisabeth Sophia Henriette "Bessie"
Freudenhal (1889-1910)
-
Albert Henry Freudenhal (1895-1934)
In the 1900
census, Mary, her parents and siblings were
living on Twelfth Street in Hammonton, Atlantic County, New Jersey. It was listed as a farm.
Mary died on May
13, 1921 at the age of 60 after a long illness.
She is buried at the St. James Lutheran Church
cemetery in Folsom Borough, Buena Vista
Township, Atlantic County, New Jersey.
Woldermar, who
was born on Wednesday, November 24, 1858 in Egg
Harbor City, Atlantic County, New Jersey, died
on July 26, 1927 at 149 West Lehigh Avenue in
Philadelphia, the home of his son, Albert Henry.
He was buried at the Egg Harbor City Cemetery in
Egg Harbor City, NJ. |
 |
|
 |
|
In
the Rehmann Family many events since the mid-19th century
have occurred at two churches located at 1341 Mays Landing
Road in Folsom, New Jersey. (Some sources list the address
being in Hammonton, NJ.) There can be some confusion since
names of these churches are spelled in slightly different
ways depending on the date or the document.
Starting in 1848, the
original church was established as St Jacobus Lutheran
Church to serve the local German immigrants. It was located
on a 12 acre plot of land which included a cemetery.
In 1853, conflicts over
theological issues caused a split in the congregation. The
land was divided into two six acre sites and one was used to
construct what is now St James Lutheran Church, originally
St James Evangelical Church.
Charles Rehmann (1826-1892) was on the St. James
committee. A second facility called Zion
Evangelical & Reformed Church was founded at that time. It
is sometimes listed as Zion's or Zions.
About 1998 around the 150th
anniversary of the original church, the two congregations
reunited into St James Lutheran Church. The cemetery is
often referred to by either name, St. James or Zion. |
|
|
 |
|